Monday, June 3, 2013

Letters requested please!!



 Here is last week's letter:

May 28, 2013

First off, we are doing fine over here, I heard about what happen in London, scary times huh? It goes to show that things can get dark but if we focus on the positive, it will be okay. Now this is my email where I tell everyone to please write me a letter! I am the only missionary in the field and was the only one in the MTC who didn't get a letter. I just want some post, and I promise I will write back! My address for my flat is as follows: 64 Birchwood AV. #5 Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN6 0JD. So please write! :) So my week, well on Tuesday, I crashed my bike and went flying off of it. I had a swollen knee for a few days and I have to call Sister Rasmussen about it (The President’s wife) I’m sure they all think I’m some girl that's going to get herself killed. But I wont. I promise. On Wednesday we had Zone Conference, which was just great, I got to see my pals from the MTC and hear some great talks! But it was all day so we had to take a Train to and from Nottingham, where it was held. I found out one of my Zone Leaders Elder Brewer Lived in Springville and is my same age, weird and small world. We have been constantly teaching about 4 investigators and they all are golden! Now for my super good news! We set a date for a girl to be baptized! On June 30th! We found this girl the first night I was here so it’s great! I was really kinda worried about my area because I had heard from people that it was called Outer Darkness because its one of the hardest areas in my mission, but I love it. I am just so happy! The Lord really does prepare the way! So the kind of work we do… we work loads though the members, but we also do tons of door knocking. I have come to enjoy having doors slammed in my face. It means one step closer to a door that will open. We stay busy with teaching lots of lessons, its great to be busy! And the members here are amazing, we have dinners at their homes all the time, they take great care of us here. So yesterday I couldn't email because it was a bank holiday so all public computers are shut down, so we had to wait till today to email, but yesterday we went to this manor home called Belton house. It was so pretty! It was like walking into a Jane Austin movie! So lovely! I hope you all are doing great! Email me, write me! Love you all and pray daily for you!

Love Sister J. Curtis

Fun Fact: Belton house IS from a Jane Austen Movie!! Pride and Prejudice was filmed at Belton House in 1995 as the stand in for Pemberly, Mr. Darcy's home. How awesome is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belton_House

 

No comments:

Post a Comment