Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sister Curtis only wrote my Mom this week so I can't post the whole email but I will post excerpts from it. She is doing great! So far she loves the MTC, is learning so much and knows that she is right where she is supposed to be. What more can we ask for?

"How is Dad doing? How is Koda? I miss him. I miss all of you but I feel like I have been blessed in the fact that I don't think of you all much because I am so busy. Mom, it was the best choice to come out here on a mission, I honestly was worried that i was making the wrong choice but since I have been out here, I know that this is the the right choice. The feeling of getting to live with the spirit and the priesthood 24/7 is amazing, I am always so peaceful and happy, I am lucky in the fact that I'm a morning person and so getting up is easy, and enjoyable."

 Sister Curtis has been working so hard that in her email she tells us that she went without eating dinner for the first few nights from over sleeping on her naps. It is a good thing she has had all that time to prepare for getting up so early.

There are other rules she tells us about in the MTC where she is now, even with few numbers of missionaries (only about 48 in the whole MTC) the Sisters are not allowed to sit with the Elders at mealtime, Sister Curtis talks about how she misses the free time to talk to her Elder friends. From the sound of it the other rules are pretty chill, they allowed the missionaries to go to the ASDA (England's version of Wal-Mart) to run errands and since Sister Curtis and her companion Sister Dodds love to run in the morning they have been allowing them to run out past the MTC grounds, she told us a funny story about that.

"This place is just wonderful, I feel like I'm in a old English movie, the stone streets and houses built right next to each other, sigh... So funny story...... So when Sister Dodds and I went running on Saturday, they gave us a map that you use to go running outside the MTC boundaries, so we took it, both of us being fairly decent at running. Well in looking at the map to much and not paying attention to the road, I took us down the wrong road and instead of running on a trail by a river we were running on a really busy street.... We look at each other and decided to turn around, but on our way off the road, we got stopped by a Bobby! A police officer! He was nice and he looked confused and was like "girls, is your car broken?" And we were like no, we just think we went the wrong way.. And he was like, yeah, you're not suppose to run on the motorway. We had unknowingly ran on to the motorway! It their highway here, but ten times busier.. It was quite funny, we are still getting people asking about what happen... we are quite famous here.. haha."

 I love this story, it sounds just like something Sister Curtis would do :D

She ends her email for the week with this last little note:

"I love you all and am praying for you daily. Be safe.
Quote of the week for my district: How can you do what you do, when you know what you know.  
Love, Sister J.Curtis"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment